Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

4 of 31: Green Nails


Howdy!  It has been a long, long day and I have several more of those coming up.  So, this is going to be a rather short post today.  Day 4 of the 31 Day Challenge brings us green nails...I took the opportunity to swatch something that I hadn't used yet.  Take a look!


This is another of the polishes that a lovely customer brought to me at work a couple of weeks ago.  My very first Dior polish!  Dior's Waterlily is a lovely minty, sea green with a hint of shimmer.  It also happens to be scented, which was a surprise to me, and I actually quite like it.  It's a floral scent, though it smells a bit more like roses than lilies to me, but whatever.   And you can't argue with that color...it gorgeous!  Coverage was good, fully opaque in 2 coats.  What I didn't like about this polish?  The formula is terrible.  Gloppy, thick and hard to work with.  Now, I don't know if it's just my bottle since I don't know if the person who gave it to me had used it previously.  Even so, this color came out for Spring of 2012, so unless this bottle had been sitting around with the lid off, I can't see any reason for it to be this thick.  I also hate the brush.  It's a wide brush and I never have very much luck with those.  So, while I'm thrilled to have this in my stash, I won't be rushing to spend my hard earned cash on any other Dior polishes any time soon.

Tune in tomorrow for some blue nails!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!