Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Leibster Award Nomination :)



I'm so excited to be nominated for a Leibster Award by Crystal of Crystal365!  I've seen the badges on other blogs but wasn't really sure what they were all about.  After reading and doing a bit of research on the internet, I've found that nominations for the Liebster come from fellow bloggers (Liebster actually means "favorite" in German), so it's extra exciting to be nominated by a peer :) It's also a great way to meet new bloggers and check out some blogs you may not be familiar with.  Liebster nominations are only given to blogs that have fewer than 200 followers, so it's a great way to catch some one on the way up :)  On to the specifics!

The Rules:
In order to claim a Liebster Award, there are a few requirements to meet:
1.  You must nominate 11 other bloggers, all with fewer than 200 followers, and you must notify them of your nomination.
2. You must answer 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. You must give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
4. You must link back to the blogger who nominated you. 


My questions from Crystal are:


1. Why did you decide to start blogging?

I began blogging mostly for myself.  I had started doing some simple nail art and I wanted a way to categorize everything I'd done with descriptions of how I did them and what polishes I'd used.  Things kind of snowballed from there and now I'm nail polish-obsessed blogger!


2. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

Oh gosh, 10 years?  I have no idea.  I really don't have much of a plan lol  I make jewelry for a local designer (Dana Reed Designs) by day and I do my nails by night.  I'm pretty happy where I am, so hopefully all of that continues :)


3. Where would you love to live and why?

I love living in Chicago.  This city gives me everything I could want; great friends, fun activities, beautiful summers, and plenty of stores to buy polish in lol  I like to travel when I get the chance, but Chicago has a hold on me and I'm not sure she'll let go any time soon!


4. If all jobs paid the same amount, which job would you choose to do?

That depends...do you have to be good at the job to keep it?  :)  I'd love to make a living with my artwork, but since I really haven't done any since I graduated college in 2009, I'm not sure I'd get paid for it. I do love my current job, my boss is great and we have a lot of fun in the studio!


5. Who do you admire and why?

 I admire my friends for a variety of reasons.  My girls here in Chicago and I have been through a lot together over the last year and I don't know what I'd do without them.  And they're all so grown-up compared to me lol  


6. Describe your typical day.

A typical day for me involves waking up and getting ready.  Taking my dog out for a wee and feeding her and my cats (my dog's name is Molly and my cats are Beeper and Gizmo).  I head into work and am there for 6-8 hours on average, depending on work load.  Then I head home, make dinner with my bf, fart around online while doing my nails and watching TV (I'm a multi-tasker!), and then it's time for bed!


7. When was your last random act of kindness and what was it?

Hmm...this question makes me realize that I'm not randomly kind enough.  I do open doors for people when I can, because there's not a lot worse than having your hands full and trying to navigate a door handle...but that's not really all that kind.  More of a common courtesy sort of a deal.


8. What is your favorite type of food?

I have a horrible, horrible sweet tooth!  Mt. Dew is my favorite beverage and were it not for the severe weight gain and tooth decay, I'd drink it by the gallon.  I love ice cream, particularly Ben & Jerry's Pistachio, Pistachio.


9. What is one of your pet peeves?

People who stop at the top or bottom of an escalator.  Um...I can't stop if I'm behind you, the stairs are moving! 


10. Name some of your favorite musicians.

Breaking Benjamin, Pink, Fun, Bare Naked Ladies, Panic At The Disco, Disturbed...a bunch of total randomness.  I often say I have terrible taste in music but I'm too old to apologize for it.  I like what I like!


11. Are you more of an early bird or night owl?

Definitely a night owl, which you can tell because most of my posts don't get put up til midnight or later lol


I've nominated:
Liz from A Mani Maniac
Liz & Lisa from LOZLOSA
Amy from Small Budget Beauty
The Bookish Manicurist
Raquel from Sunshine Nails
Meredith from Perfectly Polished
Ashley from Potions in Motion
Yeliza from Beacon Nails
Roxy Ch from Beautylicious
The Polished Fangirl
Marilyn from Vegan Nail Art, Baby


My questions for my nominees are:   
1. What kind of superpower would you most like to have?
2. Where is your favorite place in the whole world?  (It does not have to be somewhere you've actually been)
3. Do you have pets?  Please include type of pet and their name(s) :)
4. Why did you decide to start blogging?
5. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
6. What's your favorite day of the week?
7. Do you "geek out" over anything?  (i.e. TV show, favorite band, comic books, etc.)
8. Do you like to cook/bake?
9. Do you think there's life on other planets?
10. Are you a fan of practical jokes or pranks?
11. What's something that few people might know about you?

Whew!  Lots going on there!  I'd love to see my nominees' responses so, if you decide to accept my nomination,  feel free to link your posts in the comments.  Keep up the great work, ladies!

Thanks so much for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for nominating me Natalie!
    http://asmallbudgetbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination!

    My answers: http://thepolishedfangirl.wordpress.com/2013/08/24/leibster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! :D
    http://beaconnails.blogspot.com/2013/08/nominated-for-leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!