Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

5 of 31: Blue Nails


Howdy!  Is this week as long for everyone else as it seems to be for me?  Whew!  I'm bushed and no days off til next Saturday!  Oh well, at least the bills will get paid :)

On to Day 5 of the 31 Day Manicure Challenge; blue nails!


I started with one coat of a turquoise Cynthia Rowley polish and a coat of Seche Vite on top.   I cut out heart stencils from blue painter's tape and applied the stencils to my nails after letting the base polish dry.  Using China Glaze Crackle Glaze in Oxidized Aqua, I painted over the stencils and then removed them to create the silver hearts on top.  I saw this technique on Pinterest but, alas!, I'm unable to give credit to anyone since the link went to someone's tumblr page.  If anyone knows who thought this up, let me know so I can post a credit.  It's such a great idea and would work for all kinds of shapes.  Hearts were easy to cut out so that's why I started with those.

Tomorrow is purple, so be sure to stop by to check 'em out!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!