Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

6 of 31: Purple Nails


Howdy, everyone!  I'm still keeping up with the 31 Day Challenge and we're on to Day 6.  Here's my take on Purple Nails:


This is my first attempt at a technique called one stroke painting.  I got the idea from this post on Lucy's Stash and did a little research on YouTube to find out how to do this technique.  It's relatively simple, but takes a bit of practice.  If you're interested in learning more, there are tons of videos out there, just google "one stroke painting".  

Here, I started with 2 coats of Essie's Bangle Jangle, a pretty grey lavender creme.  I painted the flowers using purple and white acrylic paint and topped everything with a coat of Seche Vite.  I'm pretty proud of this for a first attempt and I'm looking forward to trying this technique in some different colors.  Here's another look:


Thanks so much for reading and stop back in tomorrow to see some black & white nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!