Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

7 of 31: Black & White Nails


Howdy! I'm really loving this 31 Day Challenge!  I tried another new (to me) technique for today's manicure.  Check 'em out!


It looks like a water marble, right?  Well, it is a water marble, but without the water!  So much easier and much less mess...I think I'll marble this way from now on.  Basically, it's a homemade decal.  Using Wet 'n' Wild's Wild Shine in French White Creme and their Fast Dry in Ebony Hates Chris, I swiped stripes of polish onto cling wrap that I stretched over a magazine to flatten it.  You can also use a Ziploc bag or other surface that the polish can dry on, but won't adhere to.  I used a toothpick to create marble designs in the polish while wet and then let it dry.  While this was drying, I applied 2 coats of French White Creme to my nails.  Once the decals were dry, I peeled them off of the cling wrap and applied them to my nails (it helps if the polish on your nails is still tacky, so hold off on any fast dry top coat action).  I used a cuticle stick to trim the excess decal from my nail and topped everything off with Seche Vite.

Aren't they just fabulous?  This is one of my favorite manicures ever and I can't wait to try it with some other colors...although the black and white contrast is great.  Here's another shot:


Tune in tomorrow for some metallic polish!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!