Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

8 of 31: Metallic Nails


Howdy, everyone!  Another Saturday gone and what a beautiful day here in Chicago!  This is perfect weather as far as I'm concerned...70 degrees, partly sunny and just a touch of nip in the air.  I've had a pretty great day.  My Wildcats won their game 52-13 and I got out of work early to go see Cirque at the Renegade Craft Fair.  Unfortunately, she was out of Tibetan Nights (seen here on Chalkboard Nails), but I was able to grab a few bottles of some other lovelies...but that's for another post.

This post is about metallic nails, which are today's theme for the 31 Day Challenge!  I had an extra challenge with these today.  Going through my stash, I noticed that I really have very few metallic polishes.  I don't really care for them.  They tend to have a streaky finish and the color is always so muted.  Metallic polishes just aren't my thing.  In addition to this, today being a game day, I had to have purple nails to support my team.  Not negotiable.  I finally managed to come up with something.  Take a look:


Super simple stripes of color.  The first stripe is Sally Hansen's Sheerly Daring in Silver Plum, a silvery lavender colored metallic polish.  The next stripe is Taffy from a brand called Naturistics which is a more saturated lavender metallic than Silver Plum.  For the Taffy stripe, I used tape to cover the first third of my nails and then just painted over top and removed the tape while the polish was still wet.  The last layer is Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails in Metalworks Frost, a bright deep purple frosty polish.  I ended up freehanding the last stripe because I was too impatient to wait for Taffy to dry completely so I could tape it lol 

I have had all of the polishes for at least 10 years, which is probably why you might notice some extra wear already on the tips of my nails.  Still, I think it worked out well and it's a simple but nice manicure.  

You don't want to miss tomorrow's mani...it's Rainbow Nails for Day 9!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!