Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

3 of 31: Yellow Nails


Howdy!  Everyone in the States enjoying Labor Day?  I know I am!  I started with a trip to a local apple orchard with some friends to pick some of those crunchy delicious fruits.  It was a little frustrating, because of all the crazy weather we've had, the apple crop is really not great.  I managed to find a few, but the selection was nothing to what it was last year.  To make up for it, we stopped at Sonic...twice!

Anyway, on to the nails!  Today is Day 3 of the 31 Day Challenge and we have yellow nails as the manicure of the day.  Here are mine:


I'm not hugely thrilled with the way this turned out but, since I already have to plan for another mani tomorrow, I'm just gonna let it slide.  I used 3 coats of Jessica's Hype as a base color here.  I really need to flesh out my nude collection (pun intended), I only have two and both of them have a shimmer which isn't really what I wanted for this.  Oh well, we make do with what we have.  On top of Hype, I used Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Sunny Side and my homemade dotting tool to make some bright polka dots.  I do think it's interesting that these dots are enough color that in the sunlight from farther away, it looks like my whole nail is yellow because of the color reflection off of the nude base.  So that's kinda neat, but overall, I think I need a little more contrast to pull this one off.

Tomorrow is green so I hope you'll stop by and check it out!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!