Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

21 of 31: Nails Inspired by a Color


Howdy, all!  The weekend is finally here!  It's been a really long week, but I've gotten some good news today about some work-related things so I'm pretty excited.  I won't know anything for sure for awhile, but I'm looking forward to some changes in the near future.  Does anyone have any big weekend plans?  I'm headed to the local Kansas State sports bar to watch the game tomorrow night...pins and needles...we play the Sooners (my arch enemy!) and I'm hoping my Wildcats will pull off a big "W"!  Ok, ok, I know what you're thinking.  "Can we talk about nails, not sports, please?"  Alright, here ya go!


Day 21 starts the "inspired by" challenges; today's being "inspired by a color".  I had no idea what that meant at first.  I mean, inspired by a color?  So do I just paint a straight color on of my choice and go?  But, after a little research, I've discovered that we're to be inspired by a nail polish color name, not necessarily the color itself.  I deliberated on several color choices before deciding on Revlon's Royal.  I started with 2 coats as a base and then, using Orly's Luxe, painted on little crowns.  I went back in with a dotting tool to add the "jewels": Julep's January for rubies, Wet 'n' Wild's Fast Dry in Sage in the City for emeralds and more Royal for sapphires.  I actually think this would make a great holiday mani...I must remember it!

Here's a view showing the crowns a bit better:


I'm already stressing over tomorrow's "inspired by a song" manicure.  The aforementioned "big game" necessitates purple polish, so I'm not sure what song sounds purple ;)  Either way, check back in to check it out!  Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Purple Haze...purple rain ;) Liking these. Fave so far was yesterday's marble ones :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!