Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

22 of 31: Nails Inspired by a Song


Howdy, everyone!!  I'm sorry, I'm just so excited so please forgive any excess exclamation points :)  My Kansas State University Wildcats have beaten the Oklahoma University Sooners tonight in a magnificent football game!  I know that 95% of you really don't care, but it's kind of a big deal and I just had to mention it here.  Congrats, 'Cats!

On to the manicure, today we're inspired by a song.  Because of the aforementioned game, I had to do purple nails, so I chose Wabash Cannonball as my song of choice.  Wabash is the second fight song of the Wildcats and a personal favorite of mine.  I did a little research into the song and found out it was written about a mythical train that, in hobo culture (yes, I said hobo culture), symbolized that last great ride, death.  Yes, I know, a little morbid.  You'd never know it from the song, I'll post a link to it at the end of the post.  Additionally, the sheet music for Wabash was the only saved from a fire in the KSU music department in 1968, so it's come to stand for the fight and triumph of the underdog which is exactly what happened tonight!  Here's what I came up with:



I know it doesn't look like much, but I was knackered when I was painting my nails last night so my creativity level was a bit low.  I started with 2 coats of Wet 'n' Wild's Fast Dry in Buffy the Violet Slayer, a rich purple metallic, over a coat of Wet 'n' Wild's Wild Shine in French White Creme for undies.  On my ring finger, I painted railroad tracks using French White Creme, Sinful Colors Smokin', Revlon's Diamonds Are Forever and black striping polish.  I also used DAF for the french tips on my other nails.  My pinkie is supposed to look like a train coming down the tracks toward you.  I've included a closer image of both accent nails so you can see it a bit better.


Not my best work, but it was a fun idea anyway!  Tomorrow's challenge is to be inspired by a movie, so stop by to check out what I come up with.  Thanks for reading!

Almost forgot the links!
http://youtu.be/aZiQ89_s67Q : This is Johnny Cash's version of the song
http://youtu.be/cUjQ39eTQbk : And this is how we do it at K-State!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!