Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

20 of 31: Water Marble Nails


Howdy, everyone!  We're 2/3 of the way through the 31 Day Challenge already, can you believe it?  I really can't...amazing how time flies when fun is being had!  Day 20 brings us water marbling.  Everyone loves how a water marble looks and pretty much everyone hates doing them.  I'm no exception.  In fact, I'll let you in on a secret...I cheated this time!  I figure if I can get the same look from an easier technique then I'm goin' for it!  I did a faux water marble or dry water marble (you can read about that technique here) to save my sanity and I think it turned out pretty well.  Have a look:


I started with 2 coats of Sinful Colors Jungle Trail as a base color.  Jungle Trail is a light grey creme.  To do the marble, I used Jungle Trail again as well as China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le (a light blue creme) and First Mate (a deep navy creme) and Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine in Sunny Side Up (a sherbert orange creme).  After everything dried under a coat of Seche Vite, I went back in with the point of a cuticle stick and Sunny Side Up and First Mate to create the dots.  The dotted water marble is a manicure that I've been seeing around on Pinterest (although nothing is ever linked back so I'm not sure who to credit for it) and is such a great easy way to change the look of the marble.  I love the way this turned out, everything from the color combination to the pattern is just fantastic!

Tune in tomorrow to see a color inspired mani and thanks so much for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!