Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympic Manicure


Howdy, everyone!  I know everyone is excited about the festivities beginning this week, so I've done an Olympics inspired manicure today.

Before we get to that, though, how about those opening ceremonies?  I thought they did a really great job!  I loved the fireworks, and the metal petals catching fire and coming together to form the Olympic cauldron was spectacular...so, good on you, London!

And, now, on to the mani!


I started out with 2 coats of MAC Vestral White,  Sinful Colors Why Not?*,  Sinful Colors Pull Over*, China Glaze Four Leaf Clover, and Julep's January, each on 1 nail.  For the rings, I used a straw to stamp the other colors on top of Vestral White.  The numbers were dotted on with a dotting tool, using Wet 'n' Wild's Black Creme.  It's not the most perfect mani I've ever done, but it's colorful and I think it conveys the spirit of the occasion quite well :)

As always, thanks for reading!

*While I'm currently not purchasing any Sinful Colors or Revlon products, at least until I hear what the situation is, I can't pitch all of the ones I already have in my collection.  I just can't...it would be an egregious waste of polish and I just can't condone it!  So I'll continue to use what I have, even though I remain disappointed in their business practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!