Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lobster Manicure


Howdy, everyone!  I hope everyone has made it through the first half of the week unscathed.  A friend of mine took a trip to Boston recently and brought me back a lobster-shaped lollipop.  I saw that pretty red crustacean and said to myself, "Self, we could totally do a lobster mani!"  And so I have:


I started with 2 coats of Wet 'n' Wild Fast Dry in Saved by the Blue, a beautiful royal blue with a bit of a shimmer.  The color is fantastic, the formula? Not so much.  Pretty gloppy and streaky, but the final result is worth the trouble.  After that dried, I used a bit of red acrylic to paint the lobster on, with my black striper polish for the eyes and body details.  I covered that with Seche Vite, allowed it to dry and then used a nail art pen to add highlights on the shell and some bubbles in the "water". 

I think my lobster is totally adorable!  What do you think?  Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!