Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Two for One!

Hello and Happy Saturday!  I hope you all are having a great weekend so far.  I had a lovely Friday girls' night out here in Chicago with my friends that necessitated some fun, sparkly nails like so:


What you see here is Wet n Wild's Fast Dry in Teal of Fortune with a dab of Sinful Colors aptly named Nail Junkie on the tips.  These polishes really compliment each other.  Teal of Fortune was a little on the thin side, I only used two coats here, but it could have stood for another.  The color, however, is lovely!  Tiny bits of blue and green glitter in a teal base...gorgeous!  Nail Junkie is a larger glitter with bits of gold in addition to the blue and green.  It was a subtle French manicure effect and I really love it!

Before going out with the girls last night, I stopped by my local Sally Beauty Supply to see what was new.  I ended up purchasing my very first crackle polish.  I'm not sure what has been keeping me back from buying them, since everyone has them now.  In any case, I picked up a China Glaze Crackle Glaze in Oxidized Aqua for $1.99 on Sally's sale rack!  Very thrifty, me :)  This morning, I decided to try this crackle over my current manicure and this was the result.


I think it looks much better in person than in the photo.  Oxidized Aqua is a sort of silvery blue with a very fine glitter mixed in, it's quite nice.  I like it over the other glitter, but I think next time I'll try it with more of a contrasting color underneath.

Well, that's all I have for you today.  Have a great weekend, and I'll be seeing you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!