Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Braided Manicure

Hello and good evening!  Today I have my attempt at Rebecca Likes Nails' braided/fishtail manicure.  Her version looks like this:





So it was little confusing to do.  Not because of Rebecca's tutorial, that was pretty clear and easy.  But keeping track of 3 different polishes at once was a bit of a challenge!  Here's the end result:



Originally, I had planned to use different colors, but I found it easier to follow the tutorial if I used similar colors.  And those are Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Presto Pink, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Limestone and Sinful Colors in Why Not.  I think the key to this look is practice, practice, practice!  I actually started over when I was halfway through the first run because I had gotten quite confused on which stripe was going where.  However, after muddling through a second attempt, I'm quite happy with the effect.  Thanks to Rebecca for sharing it!  I think I'll try smaller braid sections next time just to see what happens.


Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!