Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Glittery Gradient

Good evening!  I hope everyone is having a great week so far.  Mine has been a bit up and down, but it's starting to look a bit brighter.  Especially with today's manicure!  Check out this lovely, sparkly beauty!


Isn't it purdy?  I was perusing my nail polish collection looking for a color I hadn't used in awhile and came across my bottle of Sally Hansen's Nail Prisms in Turquoise Opal.  This polish is so lovely.  I can't even remember when I purchased this line, but I know it's been several years; possibly close to 10 years!  Despite that, the formula is holding up quite well.  Turquoise Opal is a duochrome polish that changes from a vibrant green to an almost lapis blue to fucshia with golden undertones throughout.  Do not ask me how one polish can do all that, just believe me that it does :) 

For this manicure, I started with two coats of Milani Nail Lacquer 3D Holographic in 3D 510.  In the case of 3D 510, I think "holographic" is a bit of a misnomer unless I'm misunderstanding the term.  This polish has a lovely glittery finish with a lot of gold flecks accompanied by iridescent bits that flash blue to green to pink.  However, there is no holo halo (as I like to think of it) and it looks to me just like a glitter polish albeit a very sparkly one.  On top of those two coats, I sponged on Turquoise Opal again using the gradient technique by The Nailasaurus.  I think I'm getting the hang of it and I really liked the result this time.


Here's another look.  You can start to see the duochrome effect in this one.  Try as I might this morning I couldn't get a good capture of the color here.  I wanted to try again this evening but it's been stormy and dark here so it was a no-go.  In any case, I hope you enjoyed my ramblings this evening and that you have a great one yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!