Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Celestial

Hello and welcome!  I hope everyone had a great week.  Today marked the beginning of the NATO Summit craziness here in Chicago, well, not really the beginning as protests started a few days ago.  However, I think Saturday ought to be the really "exciting" day.  How I wish I didn't have to go to work!

Anyway, to take my mind off of the craziness, I went polish shopping today!  Wet n Wild has a new Stars & Stripes line which consists entirely of larger glitter polishes.  I bought 6 bottles at CVS :)  They retail for $1.99 and CVS had a buy one, get one 1/2 off sale so it was totally worth it!

I started this manicure yesterday with two coats of Sally Hansen's Nail Prisms in Lapis Amethyst.  I did a subtle gradient over that with Sally's HD Hi-Definition Nail Color in Laser.  Lapis Amethyst is a bit more subdued than the Turquoise Opal I used in my last post; the duochrome isn't as evident in this one.  Laser is a gorgeous glittery royal blue and purple shade that I got for half-price at Walgreen's on Wednesday.  I liked the effect of the polishes together but it was missing something.  And, today, I found it:
 

Introducing Wet n Wild's Fast Dry Nail Color in Stars & Stripes.  I literally gasped when I saw this on the shelf this morning.  I have quite a few glitters, but I did not own a star-shaped holographic mylar glitter with little stripes of holographic mylar glitter in the same bottle...now I do!  I really love this polish!!  Here's a closer view.



You can see the holographic effect on the stars on my pinky in this one.  This manicure is so sparkly, I can't wait to check it out in the abundant sunshine we of the Windy City are supposed to have tomorrow.  And speaking of Saturday, if you're in the area, come check out Pets @ Paulina at Roscoe, Lincoln and Paulina by the Brown Line stop.  The merchants of Paulina Station are sponsoring nine different pet adoption groups.  They'll be there with foster animals and applications for adoption.  Even if you have reached your pet quota, stop on by and say hi!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!