Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Orange and Grey Gradient Manicure

Hello and welcome! Today I have a gradient manicure that I did using this tutorial from The Nailasaurus.  I like the end result, but I think I need a bit more practice before I get the really nice blend that she gets in her gradients.  In any case, here's the manicure. 



I started with two coats of Wet n Wild's Wild Shine in Sunny Side Up and then sponged (per the tutorial) some Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Wet Cement.  I really like this color combo!  Wet Cement starts to look really smokey where it meets up with Sunny Side Up, almost like a mist in places.  It's pretty cool!  I had to use two coats of Seche Vite on top to smooth out the bumpiness from the sponging technique.   Over all, I think this technique and I'll use it again, hopefully with even better results!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!