Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Galaxy Nails

Good evening (or morning as the case may be)!  Is everyone as ready for the end of this week as I am?  It's been a very productive week for me both at work and at home, but I'll be happy to see the back end of it.

Tonight, I have a fun manicure that turned out so much better than I thought it would.  I know everyone has seen "Galaxy" nails and there are as many different ways to do this manicure as there are people who've done it.  For my manicure, I used this tutorial that I found via Pinterest initially.  If you don't know what Pinterest is, I urge you to click that link and check it out!

Anyway, here is my result! 


Aren't they fun??  I cannot wait to see these in the sunlight!  For my version (following the above tutorial), I started with two coats of China Glaze First Mate, which is a really deep navy.  Then I used one coat of Sinful Colors Frenzy; a small purple and light blue glitter in a clear base.  Over that, I sponged Wet n Wild's Wild Shine in French White, Sinful Colors Olympia and Cinderella, China Glaze For Audrey and O.P.I. Grape...Set...Match.  Whew!  I sponged a little First Mate back over the edges and finished the sponge part with a little Wet n Wild's Wild Shine Black Creme in the corners and where ever I thought a little more depth was needed.  Wet n Wild's Fastdry Beautiful But Dangerous went on top of all the sponging, followed by a few dots of white "stars" using a tiny brush.  Finished with a coat of Seche Vite, this manicure is out of this world!  (See what I did there? Tee hee!)


The depth and color in this manicure is fantastic and I'll definitely be doing these again with some different colors.  And my current best manicure tip is to get yourself a bottle of pure acetone: it's unrivaled for cuticle clean-up!  Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!