Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Geometric Gems

Hello!  We are fast approaching mid-week and I, for one, cannot wait for the weekend.  I managed to snag Monday AND Tuesday off (those of you who know me know that two days in a row off is rare for me) after working for 21 days straight.  I'm pooped!  It'll be nice to have a bit of a break.  What's everyone doing for Memorial Day?  I'm certain I'll manage to get a manicure or two in while I'm relaxing ;)

Speaking of that, after much frustration with my nails last night (which caused the lack of post-age), I've come up with something today that I really like!  Take a look.


I started with two coats of China Glaze in Secret Peri-wink-le, which is a lovely version of that hue; a blue/grey/lavender creme.  After that, I taped off narrow triangles with the points ending at the tips of my nails.  Don't judge, but the triangles are far from perfect.  It's difficult to find the center of your nail at the tip and then center the base of the triangle at the base of the nail...but overall, I think I did alright.  I filled in the triangles with another China Glaze in First Mate, a deep navy blue creme.  After a coat of Seche Vite, I topped this look off with some little blue "gems" that I found at Dollar Tree.  I found this multi-pack of sparklies for $1, so expect to see more of them in the future!  I love the way the light shines through the little jewel to pick up the bright blue color.  I'll try to get a picture in the sun tomorrow to show that a little better.

That's all I've got for this evening.  I hope everyone has a great week and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!