Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sexy Red Gradient

Hello and happy Sunday!  It's currently 2 AM here in the Windy City and I'm asking myself why I'm still awake.  The answer to that question will be revealed in the photos below!  Today I have a manicure that I can only describe as 'sexy' :)  I'm still in a gradient sort of mood and tonight I wanted to do something a bit on the darker side.  Here it is!


Isn't it gorgeous?!  I started here with two coats of Wet n Wild's Wild Shine in Red Red and it certainly lives up to its name as a very true red.  I then sponged some Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Chocolate Kiss, which is a darker red with some brown and pinkish tones.  On top of that, I sponged a little Wet n Wild's Wild Shine Black Creme to add a bit more depth.  After a coat of Seche Vite, I brushed on two coats of Wet n Wild's Fast Dry in Explosions After Dark.  Wow!  Explosions is my new favorite glitter! Medium sized black, silver and red glitter in a clear base, the only thing I didn't love about this polish was the finish which seems to be a semi-matte or satin.  I don't think this finish shows off the glitter very well, so I topped it with another coat of SV.


I can't get over how wonderful this looks!  Hopefully it's not just the sleep deprivation talking, but this manicure definitely ranks in my Top 5 favorites.


I won't be posting again until after Memorial Day so I hope this will tide you over until then.  As always, thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!