Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Pea-Green

Hello again!

I've taken a few days off initially because my family was in town and, in the course of trying to take it easy with them, then I got sick.  I've not done much but move from the bed to the couch for the last two days.  Fortunately, I felt well enough to make it into work this morning; my checkbook was suffering from lack of income!  In any case, I'm glad to be back.  Usually, I'd have a Flashback Friday for you today, but, seeing as I haven't done a fresh manicure in awhile, I have a brand new one for you today!


This is a simple green, ombre-esque manicure.  I was going for ombre but I don't think I have quite enough green variations to pull it off.  Oh, well!  I still think it's pretty!  Starting with my thumb, I used Revlon's Minted and followed with Sinful Colors Olympia, Athens, Exotic Green and Last Chance.  Olympia and Athens are my two new favorites of the Sinful Colors collection.  Olympia is a great, light not-quite-mint green while Athens is a subdued teal-ish color.  They look really great paired together or worn separately and both apply like a dream.  Two coats of either makes for a great finish.  Here's another view:


I was inspired by that line in Gone With the Wind (fabulous movie, if you haven't seen it, remedy that...soon!): "I want everyone who's been mean to me to be pea-green with envy!" Oh, Scarlett...is there anything you can't do?

I'd like to ramble on a bit more about things, but I'm still in recuperation mode so I need to get my rear to bed.  I'll just close with a few comments about my family.  I love them, dearly.  We have our differences and sometimes, our arguments, but I'd rather argue with them than not have them in my life at all.   What's the cliche about home being the place where they have to take you in?  Well, family are the people that have to take you in whenever you come home.  I'm fortunate to have some cool people sitting in that category :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!