Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Purple, Matte & Flakie, Oh My!

This is what happens when I have no clear idea of where my manicure of the day is headed.  Sometimes, like today, it works out well.  Other times...well, let's not cry over spilled nail polish, shall we?  As far as today's mani goes,  I knew I wanted to do a purple.  However, I can't just do a single color; the last time I tried that, my friend Shannon said "I don't understand.  Your nails are only one color?" in this sad, disappointed voice so I won't be going that route for awhile.  So, here is Stage One in tonight's manicure.



This is  Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Eggplant Frost.  Two coats covered fairly well, although you can see a spot on my pinky where it's a little thin.  I do love cracking open a brand new bottle of polish which is what happened with this one.  I really like this color.  It's a great purple, very deep with some flashes of fuchsia...very pretty!  Here's another view.


After admiring the color for a few minutes (and giving it some time to dry a bit), I decided that only one thing can make any manicure better:  FLAKIES!!



I grabbed my trusty bottle of Finger Paints Flashy and added it over top.  I actually did two coats of that because the only thing better than one coat of flakie on top of something, is two coats :)  I could have stopped here, you can see from the second view that this is quite lovely as is.




However, there is only one thing that can make flakies better.  Naked flakies are good but MATTE flakies are really where it's at!  Behold!



Essie's Matte About You is seriously like magic.  I remember the first time I used it, I literally gasped as I watched the wet polish change to a matte finish before my very eyes!  Just look at it...it's so pretty!  This bottle of Essie was worth every penny and I'll have to replenish my supply soon.


I really wish all my unplanned paints went this successfully.  The next time I have an awful one, maybe I'll snap a couple of shots to show you that not everything works the way you want it to the first, second or even third time.  That's the key to a great manicure, practice!  Well, and a decent amount of patience.  Which is not my strongest virtue by far so it's a wonder I've stuck with it as long as I have. 

Alright, that's it for tonight, folks!  I hope you enjoyed the pictures and I'll see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!