Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Indie Spotlight: LynBDesigns Spark of Madness Collection, Part 2

*LynBDesigns products provided for honest and unbiased review. All other products mentioned were purchased by me.*

 Happy Tuesday everyone!  I've got the second half of the Spark of Madness collection from LynBDesigns to show you today.  You can see my swatches of the first half of the set here, if you missed it.  This entire collection was inspired by Robin Williams and some of his many beloved films.  Without further ado, let's get going!


Nanu Nanu is up first today.  While technically not a film, Mork was the role that kind of rocketed Mr. Williams to stardom and I think it's completely right for a nod to that to be in this collection.  Nanu Nanu is a creamy, peachy creme base with multicolored small glitters, mostly in red, green, and orange.  If this sounds like a strange combination to you, I'll admit it is.  But it works!  It's definitely a polish that will draw the eye because of its unusual colors.


The formula is great here, with a smooth and creamy consistency.  I'm showing 3 coats here with one coat of Seche Vite to smooth out any bumpiness from the glitters.  I'd also like to note that my camera insisted this polish was more orange than it actually is and no amount of color-correcting could fix it to my satisfaction.  Nanu Nanu is much more of peach shade than an orange, so please keep that in mind if you decide to order.


 If you like unusual color combos, I think Nanu Nanu might just be for you!


Seize the Day, Boys is one of 2 polishes in this collections that pay tribute to Dead Poets Society.  And, rightly so, it's a great movie!  StDB is a lovely teal with a bit of a golden shimmer and a linear holographic finish.  The holo on this one is a little more subtle than others, but no less beautiful for it.


Gosh, isn't that lovely??  I'm wearing 3 coats here with one coat of Seche Vite on top.  The formula is practically flawless here and I had no issues with application whatsoever.


Seize the Day, Boys is a must if you love teals and especially if you love holos.  As I mentioned, it's not an in-your-face holo, but it just adds a little extra to the beautiful color that's already there.


Inspired by Jumanji, Keep Your Chin Up is a shifty bronze that leans towards golden peach and pink depending on the light.  It also has little blue flecks and a subtle holographic effect.  I love the little blue bits in this!  Another great Fall color here as well.


Beautiful formula here, I'm showing 3 coats with one coat of Seche Vite.  I had no streaking, dragging, or other issues at all with KYCU.  


Keep Your Chin Up is definitely one of my favorites of this collection.  The color is lovely and it's kept from being a straight up neutral by the holographic sparkle.


Make Your Life Spectacular is inspired by Jack...such a sweet little movie with a sweet little polish to match.  MYLS is a lovely soft lavender base with a pink shimmer and it has a strong linear holographic effect.  My first thought when I put this on was that it was a bit of a bait and switch.  You grab this pretty lavender bottle and you're thinking it's just a pretty, girly polish and don't get me wrong, it is.  But then the sunlight hits it and you realize that while it's also pretty and girly, it's also pretty damn kickass as well!  Love it!


MYLS is a little on the sheer side and may take 3-4 coats for full opacity.  I'm showing 3 in these photos and you can still see a bit of nail line.  You could, of course, layer it over white or a light color to cut down on layers.  The formula is smooth and easy to apply and I had no problems with it at all.


Another favorite of mine, Make Your Life Spectacular is a gem.  It's definitely one you'll want to snag for your own collection!


Finally we come to my top favorite of this set.  Oh Captain, My Captain is the second polish inspired by Dead Poets Society and Jenna has really outdone herself with this one!  OCMC is a multichrome base that shifts from green to gold to plum with a scattered holographic effect as well.  This very well may be the most perfect Fall polish ever!  It strongly reminds me of the leaves changing color on the trees...so beautiful!


And the sparkle!  The formula is, again, near perfect with no dragging or streaking.  I'm showing 3 coats here with one coat of Seche Vite on top.  Seriously, get ya a bottle of this!  Trust me, you NEED it!


The Spark of Madness collection goes on sale today at noon EST and will be available for purchase on LynBDesigns Etsy site.  Nanu Nanu retails for $8: Oh Captain, My Captain is $12; and all the others in this post are $10 for full size bottles. Be sure to follow LynBDesigns on Facebook for updates on new releases, swatch photos, and other important information!

Thanks you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!