Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Indie Spotlight: LynBDesigns Spark of Madness Collection, Part 1

*LynBDesigns products supplied for honest and unbiased review.  All other products mentioned were purchased by me.*
 
Hi there!  It feels like it's been forever since I've blogged and I know I've been a bit MIA lately.  Work has really picked up (in fact, I had to work all weekend...boo!) and my weekends have been packed full of football!  But, I have today off and some beautiful polishes to show you so let's get to it!

LynBDesigns is, as you might have guessed, one of my favorite indie brands.  Jenna creates beautiful colors with a great formula so it's hard not to love them!  This collection is a 10-polish set created in honor of Robin Williams.  Some of my favorite movies are included as inspiration in this collection and I was just thrilled to get the chance to swatch it.  I'll be showing the Spark of Madness collection in two parts as 10 polishes is quite a lot for any post ;)  Here we go!


Oh, There You Are, Peter is inspired by the movie Hook.  Oddly enough, Hook is not only one of my favorite movies, but my Dad loves it as well so I'm a big fan of this polish!  OTYAP consists of a spring-y light green shimmer base with a hint of gold and little grass green and sheer yellow gold glitters.
 

Isn't it pretty?  The formula was easy to apply and I'm showing 3 coats here with one coat of Seche Vite as a topper.  Because of the little glitters in this one, you'll probably definitely want a good top coat to smooth things out a bit.  The glitters came out of the bottle easily and there was not gloppiness or clumping.
 

I know not everyone is a fan of green polishes, but it's hard not to love the lighthearted feeling of Oh, There You Are, Peter.  
 

Friends Come In All Sizes is up next.  Death to Smoochy, the inspiration for this polish, is not your typical Robin Williams comedy, but it's still pretty hilarious.  FCIAS is a deep purple jelly base packed with golden and fuchsia glass flecks.  Of course, since it's purple, I'm pretty much in love with it!
 

My bottle of FCIAS was a little on the thicker side, but it wasn't an issue for application.  This was opaque in just 2 coats (which I'm showing here) and was really almost a one-coater.  The formula was smooth and I didn't have any issues with it.  The glass flecks really add a nice depth and shine to FCIAS...it reminds me of granite or marble!
 

Friends Come In All Sizes is great fall color!  And I really think it fits the inspiration perfectly; purple, shiny, and just a little bit dark!
 

Fosse, Fosse, Fosse derives its inspiration from the scene in The Birdcage where Armand is trying to help Albert with some dance moves.  A pale blue creme with a hint of mint and a lovely blue to pink shimmer, FFF had me at "Hello!".  I'm a firm believer that you can never have to many minty polishes in your stash, and more's the better if they have a little extra sumthin-sumthin in the mix ;)


The formula is great here, opaque in 2-3 coats (I'm wearing 3 in these photos).  I'm pleased to report that the shimmer in this polish does not lose its punch when applied...bonus! 
 
 
 Even if you own umpteen minty polishes, the shimmer in Fosse, Fosse, Fosse sets it apart from the rest so I'd definitely recommend grabbing a bottle ;)


Next up is Fight Fire With Marshmallows, a reference to the movie Toys.  I'm not too familiar with this movie, having only seen it once, but this polish is just gorgeous!  A warm brown jelly base filled with golden hexes in two sizes, black and white triangles, with lavender hexes and iridescent squares, FFWM is stunning!


*Sigh* I just can't get over how much I love this one!  The color, the glitter, everything!  The formula is great, I'm showing 4 coats here to get a good level of opacity, but you could definitely layer this over a nude or light colored polish if you're not in the mood for so many coats.  I didn't have any issue with getting the glitters out of the bottle and just used the brush to place the triangles and larger glitters how I wanted them.
 

Fight Fire With Marshmallows is definitely a unique polish, which is all the more reason that you might NEED to own it!
 

Lastly, but definitely not least,  is Phenomenal Cosmic Powers; an obvious nod to Genie in Aladdin.  I'm a sucker for a good animated flick and Robin Williams certainly made this movie.  PCP is a stunner of a teal metallic with a golden blue-green shimmer.  This polish simply glows and I had a hard time choosing which swatch photos to show as every one was practically perfect!


Easy breezy formula on PCP for sure.  Opaque in 2-3 coats (I'm wearing 3 cuz that's how I roll) and super smooth, I had no issues at all with this one either!  The color is definitely phenomenal and I love, love, love the shimmer!
 

The Spark of Madness collection will be available for purchase on the LynBDesigns Etsy site beginning tomorrow, Tues. Oct. 21 at noon EST.  Each of the polishes in this post will retail for $8 for a full size bottle.  Be sure to follow LynBDesigns on Facebook for release dates, new polishes, and other important info! 

Be sure to check back tomorrow for swatches of the second half of the Spark of Madness collection.  Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!