Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Nail-aween Challenge 10: Halloween Nails


Howdy, everyone!  I'm a day late on this post.  Time got away from me over the last couple of days.  However, I do promise that this mani was finished and worn before the end of Oct. 31, 2012. Therefore, it still counts for the Nail-aween Challenge!  The final challenge was to do any Halloween inspired manicure of your choice.  Here's what I came up with:


I started with a gradient using Wet 'n' Wild's Wild Shine in Sunny Side Up and Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure in Purple Pulse.  When I got my Halloween Julep box this month, they sent me some free Halloween-themed nail decals from Alex Cole.  This manicure seemed like a good time to try them out.  So all the black silhouettes you see here are decals.  I liked them, they were easy to use.  However, a lot of the black ink seemed to rub off as I was working with them and they didn't actually stick to the nail by themselves.  I'd recommend placing them onto an almost dry coat of polish or base coat so that the tackiness of the polish gives them something to stick to.  On my thumbnail, I added some bat-shaped glitter from a Halloween-themed glitter kit I found at Michael's.  I finished this manicure off with a coat of Flashy by Finger Paints, a holographic top coat.

This was a fun manicure, but I'm a little disappointed with how it turned out.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

The Nail-aween Challenge was so much fun to participate in and I loved seeing what everyone else came up with.  I'm hoping to find a holiday themed challenge to participate in during December, although where I think I'll find the time, I'm not sure.  Please stop by the other challenge participants' sites to see how they completed their Challenges.  You can find them here:


As always, thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!