Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Nail-aween Challenge 8: Witch Nails


Howdy, everyone!  I know it's late, but I really wanted to get this post up before I turn in.  I've got a really cute manicure and it just couldn't wait til daylight!  The next Nail-aween Challenge is Witch Nails.  I dug around online and found a couple of fun ideas that I wanted to re-create.  You can find one of the originals here and the other link just takes me to a tumblr page.  If you know who's photo that is, let me know so I can give credit for the lovely artwork!  Here's my take:


I decided to go with a bright green background, but I didn't want it to be a flat color so I started with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Limestone topped off with 2 coats of Electric Slide by Nina Ultra Pro.  Limestone is a citrus-y green creme and Electric Slide has holographic and gold glitter suspended in a neon green base.  I used black acrylic paint to create the witch profile on my thumb and the boots on my middle and ring fingers.  The stripes on my other nails were done with a black striping polish.  I finished off the look with boot button details in Orly's Luxe.  

This is one of my favorite manicures so far from this challenge.  The color combo is fun and striking and the artwork turned out so well!

...more after the jump...



Here's a closer look at the witch's profile, complete with hat:


And a closer look at the witchy boots:
 

Only 2 more Nail-aween Challenges to go!  Here's a list of  the other participants, they're doing some awesome work, so please stop by their pages and take a look!

 
 As always, thanks so much for reading and please feel free to leave a comment to say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!