Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

31 of 31: Recreate a Favorite Manicure


Howdy, all!  Well, it's finally the end.  The 31st day of the 31 Day Nail Challenge has arrived.  I'm a little sad that it's over, but mostly I'm just relieved (and a little proud) that I made it all the way through!  Today's challenge was to recreate a favorite manicure.  I have lots of favorite manicures done by other bloggers.  There are so many great ones out there.  I knew I wanted to try my hand at stamping some more and I knew I wanted something simple.  Let's face it, I'm exhausted after doing all these manis every day!  So I chose a sweet stamped manicure from pshiiit.com's blog.  I'll include a photo of her's at the end.  I'm unable to find the original post for this manicure, every time I try to link back through Pinterest it just takes me to her home page.  Here's my version:


I started with one coat of China Glaze in First Mate and then used  Wet 'n' Wild's Wild Shine in French White Creme to stamp a swirly heart design on top.  This set of stamping plates worked a lot better for me, so I'm finding that not all plates are created equal. I did have some trouble with my top coat on this one.  My bottle of Seche Vite needs to be swapped as it's getting kind of gloppy.  Here's another view:


And here's the original:

As you can see, my stamp is not exactly the same as her's but I still think it turned out pretty well.  I had a lot of fun with this challenge and I'm glad I followed through with the whole month.  I'm not in a rush to do it again though lol  However, I will be participating in a Halloween Challenge for the month of October.  Check back for more info on that soon.  Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!