Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Glitter Goblin Manicure


Hello, hello!  I hope everyone is having a great week so far.  This is going to be kind of a long post because I have a lot of things to share, including a new manicure.  I made a trip to Ulta over the weekend to take part in their Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, so I'll be showing you a new China Glaze glitter.  But we'll get to that in a minute.

First of all, I thought I'd want to take a break after doing the 31 Day Nail Challenge, but it turns out I miss the prompts!  Whodathunk?  I'm super excited to announce that I'll be participating in datyorkLOVES Nail-aween Nail Art Challenge during the month of October.  This challenge is a bit different in that it's self-paced, meaning there's no specific date or time for each challenge.  They all have to be completed during October and that's about the only rule.  There are 10 Halloween related challenges.  Halloween is my favorite holiday and I've been so looking forward to this October.  It's been a year since I started getting interested in nail art, so I've had all that time to be thinking up some fun and spooky manis!  Here's a list of the prompts:

...more after the jump...

You can expect to see my Day 1 Water Marble in the next couple of days!  And here's a list of other bloggers who are participating in this challenge (thanks to Waki Laki for posting about it earlier this week!):

Whew!  So after all of that, I'd also like to let anyone who's still reading know that Lucy's Stash is having a birthday bash giveaway that is pretty freakin' sweet!  You can check out the prizes and rules here.  Congrats to Lucy for her blog success and a very merry birthday to you as well!

Now, on to my manicure!  As I said before, I hit up Ulta over the weekend and snagged some super pretty new China Glaze polishes.  Today I've got Glitter Goblin to show you.


Glitter Goblin is seriously beautiful and, once again, my camera fails at showing you all its loveliness.  This polish is part of China Glaze's Wicked Halloween 2012 collection and is a mix of copper/orange and holographic hex glitters.  When the sun hits that holo glitter, it sparks up like the 4th of July, simply gorgeous!  I've used it here as a gradient over 2 coats of Wet 'n' Wild's Wild Shine in Sunny Side Up.  You can see a bit of the holo sparkle in this photo:


And one more shot for good luck ;)
 
 
Thanks so much for reading and please check out some of the other great bloggers who are participating in the Nail-aween Nail Challenge with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!