Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

30 of 31: Nails Inspired by a Tutorial


Howdy, everyone!  Oh my goodness, only one day left after today!  I can't believe it.  It's crazy to think that I've managed a different manicure every day for a month.  It's been fun, but I'll be glad to get back to doing what I want to do when I want to do it lol

Today's challenge was to be inspired by a tutorial.  I had to have a good think about this one, because most of the time when I see a tutorial I'm interested in trying, I try it then and there.  After I thought about it a bit though, I realized that there was one technique that I've been wanting to try but I hadn't made it to Michael's yet to get the supplies: flocked nails!


Aren't they cute??  They're like little sweaters for your nails!  The official tutorial I followed can be found here at Elle Sees.  This manicure has been referred to several ways, the aforementioned "flocked", the trademarked "Velvet manicure" from Ciate and the much humbler (and my favorite) "fuzzy" manicure.  The technique is pretty simple.  Apply your base color and while it's still wet, sprinkle on flocking powder.  Brush off the excess and "Ta da!", fuzzy nails!  


I used Essence Colour & Go in Let's Get Lost, a beautiful deep turquoise creme.  The flocking powder is from  Michael's store brand Recollections.  I got a set of 6 for about $7.  To be honest, the selection wasn't all that great.  The only single bottles I could find where white or black.  The set was much more colorful so I went with that.  This color is called Calypso...so pretty!

Tomorrow's challenge (the final one) is to recreate a favorite manicure.  I've got a few ideas so check back in to find out what I come up with!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!