Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

29 of 31: Nails Inspired by the Supernatural


Hello again!  For my second post of the evening, I have for you nails inspired by the "supernatural".  I actually had a hard time with this one.  For starters, the only thing I could come up with for supernatural were ghosts or the T.V. show.  I didn't really feel like doing either of those.  Since I'm behind on my swatching and I just got new stamping plates, I wanted to combine those things today.  Here's what I came up with:


So, what you're looking at is one coat of Wet 'n' Wild's Wild Shine in French White Creme covered by 5(!) coats of Cirque's Kabocha.  Kabocha is a lovely bright orange jelly (hence the 5 coats til I was happy with coverage).  It's part of Cirque's All Hallow's Eve set which happens to be the prize I won from Chalkboard Nails' giveaway a couple of weeks ago.  On top of this, I tried my hand at stamping for the very first time.  Everyone says it's difficult the first time around and they are not lyin'!  As you can see, I still have a pretty spotty outcome.  This stamp is supposed to give me cute little skulls (supernatural), but mine are all missing the top parts of their craniums.  I chose to believe they all got attacked by zombies and this is how they got their brains out to nom upon...but I'm a bit morbid that way :)  I know the only way to get better at stamping is to practice, so be on the look out for more crappy stamping from me in the future lol  

The best part about Kabocha (other than the color, the formula and the fact that it doesn't reek cuz it's hand-mixed with essential oils) is that it...wait for it...wait for it...


GLOWS IN THE DARK!!!  So cool! You have to "charge" them in the light for a few minutes, but the glow is pretty strong.  I don't like that you can see how messy I was with the polish though.  I cleaned up around my cuticles, I swear!

All in all I had fun with this one.  Tomorrow's mani is inspired by a tutorial so swing by and check it out.  Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!