Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

28 of 31: Nails Inspired by a Flag


Howdy, everyone, hope your weekends are going well.  Mine is shaping up well, went to see Pitch Perfect this afternoon and was thoroughly entertained.  I highly suggest it if you're a Glee fan.  I thought I was going to be able to type this post up on my shiny new SmartPhone, but apparently the phone is smarter than me and I couldn't figure out how to Enter to start a new paragraph.  Quite frustrating.  Anyway, I'm already a day late on this post so we shall get down to business :)  

Today's challenge was to design a manicure inspired by a flag.  Being in love with me city as I still am after almost 5 years, I chose to use the Chicago flag for my inspiration.  



 There's quite a bit of symbolism involved in this flag, if you're interested in it, check out the wikipedia article here.  I thought it was a great design to reproduce in a manicure.  The colors and the simple shapes translate well in polish.  Here's what I came up with:


I started with one coat each of Wet 'n' Wild's Wild Shine in French White Creme and MAC's Vestral White.  For the blue stripes, I used China Glaze in For Audrey.  The stars are done with a red striping polish. I got to wear this out and about in the city today and I got a lot of compliments on it.  I applied my Seche Vite a little too soon though, so there are some spots in the white where it turned a little pink.  Other than that, I'm really happy with it.  Here's another look:


I'll be posting my supernatural challenge nails here in a bit, so check back to see them!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!