Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

15 of 31: Delicate Print Nails


Howdy, everyone!  It was so great to have the day off today!  I took myself out to lunch and went on a Target run (picked up a couple of new polishes).  However, by the time I got home, I was feeling kinda cruddy.  I've been fighting off a cold or something most of the week, so I'm guzzling orange juice and trying to take it easy.

Anyway, on to today's challenge!  I'm still not really clear on what constitutes a "delicate print", but I did something that I think is cool and since it's my blog, that's what counts, right? :)


Believe it or not, I haven't actually done newsprint nails yet.  The process is pretty simple, you just dip your nail in rubbing alcohol and press a piece of printed newsprint onto it while it's wet.  For my manicure, I started with two alternating coats of Wet 'n' Wild's Wild Shine in French White Creme and Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Sunny Side.  The white and the yellow kind of mixed into a milder tone of Sunny Side and I thought the effect was nifty.  After a coat of Seche Vite and some drying time, I did the newsprint process.  One pass wasn't enough for me, so I Seche'd again and added another layer of print and kept repeating that until I was happy with it.  I'm not sure if it meets the challenge, but I think it looks pretty cool!  Here's a closer view:


We're going tribal tomorrow, so please stop by to check it out...thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!