Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

14 of 31: Flower Nails


Howdy!  As usual, I'm running late with this post.  Today's challenge is Flower nails and, frankly, I was not excited about it.  I'm not really a flower-y girl.  So, I thought and I thought and I thought about what to do.  Then I started googling photos and found this one.  Poppies are one of my favorite flowers and I love the drama of the color.  Here's my version:


This turned out so fabulous that I'm almost sad I'm not at work tomorrow to get some feedback...almost sad, but not really :)  I started here with 2 coats of Wet 'n' Wild's Wild Shine in French White Creme.  Using a striper brush, I painted the flower outlines and seed pods onto my accent nail.  After that, I used acrylic paint to detail some flowers.  I also used the paint in a one-stroke technique to do the larger flowers on the rest of my nails.  Drama, drama, drama!  And in a good way!  Here's another look:


So, again, the 31 Day Manicure Challenge pushes me to come up with something out of nothing!  Thanks so much for reading and I hope you'll come check out my delicately printed nails tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!