Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

1 of 31-Red Nails






Howdy, everyone!  You can guess from the title of my post that I've decided to join in the 31 Day Challenge this month!  I was going to put it off til October, but I have a lot of fun Halloween manis planned and I didn't want this to interfere.  So, basically, it's a different manicure every day following the guidelines below:



I swiped this image from Kayla over at Nails by Kayla Shevonne, as she said anyone who was interested in participating was welcome to it.

Day number 1 is pretty simple; Red Nails!  I don't often wear red nail polish these days.  I'm not opposed to color but I think it's such a "standard" nail polish color that I overlook it in my stash a lot.  Already this Challenge is pushing me out of my box...I love it!  Here's my take on the red nails challenge:



I started with one coat of Wet 'n' Wild's Red Red and then added a coat of Sephora by O.P.I. in What's Your Poison?, a great red and silver glitter in a red jelly base.  I used a coat of Seche Vite to help everything firm up and then I applied e.l.f #20417 from Target to just the tips of my nails.  I've been unable to find names for this polish brand so if anyone knows any other way to refer to these, I'd love to hear about it!  #20417 is a micro-glitter gold base with large hexagonal holographic glitters mixed in, very pretty!  This is my first time trying e.l.f. and I liked it, but to warn you, it smells a lot like the KleanColor polishes.  PeeeeeeeeYouuuuuuuu!


I know that technically I'm posting this manicure a day late, but I promise I did apply it before midnight on the 1st...just took some time to get photos and a post together.  I'll try to be more timely for the rest of the month. If anyone else is participating, I'd love to see what you come up with and I'd love to hear what you think of my manis!

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!