Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ulta-mate Love


Howdy, everyone!  I know it's been awhile since my last post and I'm sorry!  Time keeps getting away from me and I haven't found a spare moment to put anything up.  Add to that the fact that I went almost a WHOLE WEEK(!!!!) without changing my manicure (no, I wasn't sick), and the lack of post-age is to be expected.  

Anyway, I am still here and I hope to keep a better schedule this week...especially since I took my very first trip to Ulta on Sunday!  *gasp* "Your very first trip?!", you say? "How could you not know the glory that is Ulta?!  How dare you call yourself a nail blogger?!", you say?  All I can do is hang my head in shame and remorse at missing this wonder of wonders for so long.  For some reason, in my head, Sephora and Ulta were the same thing.  Not to knock Sephora, cuz I know they have lovely beauty products, but they're a bit on the expensive side for me.  So, since I know Sephora's price point was a bit high, and since I thought Ulta was similarly priced, I figured it was no good for me.

Never have I been so happy to be wrong!  Ulta is lovely, their clearance section is even lovelier!  I picked up several new things, and managed somehow to come out of there with my budget (mostly) intact.  But there will be future trips...oh yes, there will be!

One of my new purchases was Ulta's Lust in Lace mini collection.  This collection has 4 mini polishes and a mini bottle of topcoat.  I know I'm a little late on this one, but I loved it the moment I saw it and since it was clearance priced at $4.99 down from $9.95, I felt I had to have it!  All the polishes have a black base with glass flecks.  Dark and mysterious, yeah?  Have a look at this one!



This is Underneath It All, a gorgeous almost black base with bronze-y bits of glass fleck.  After taking about a million photos of this one, I've determined that my camera is woefully inadequate.  I must start saving for a new one.  Underneath It All is much less green in person.  It really has a lovely coffee color with bronze to golden highlights.  There is a bit of green in it; in the first photo, you can see the green sparkle on my pinkie, but not nearly as much as it seems in the second.  I am so excited to try the rest of the polishes in this set!  The formula on this was great, I'm wearing two coats with a coat of Seche Vite as a topper.  Without a top coat, it is a bit gritty, which is kind of a neat finish but I couldn't resist seeing it all shiny :) 

I'll be posting later with some of my other finds and I definitely intend on spending a decent chunk of my hard-earned check this week at Ulta!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!