Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saran Wrap Manicure


Howdy, everyone!  I hope your weekend is going well so far.  I managed to get today off and had brunch with my friend and her parents this morning.  I do so love brunch :)  I also got to try out a new (for me) polish technique this week:  saran wrap!  Here are my results!


 If you're not familiar with the technique*, a saran wrap manicure is similar to some wall treatments I've seen.  You apply your base color (here I've used Sonia Kashuk's Rock Star) and let it dry completely.  I used a coat of Seche Vite to speed it up.  Then you apply one coat of a different color on top (my mani uses Essie's Bangle Jangle).  While this coat is still wet, you use a small piece of saran wrap (cling film, plastic wrap, whatever your favorite term is), crunch it up and dab your nails.  The wrap picks up bits of the wet polish and creates a fun texture.  I actually did this second step twice, using Zoya's Neeka for a little bit of sparkle.  I'm enjoying this technique and would like to try it with different color combinations...maybe something a little less monochrome next time.  Here's another shot of my mani:
 

Thanks so much for reading!!

*I don't know who "invented" this technique as I've seen it on many different blogs lately.  If there's someone I should give credit to, please let me know and I'll be happy to add it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!