Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cynthia Rowley Polished Polka Dots


Howdy, everyone!  I'm so excited about the manicure I have to show you today!  Yesterday, I showed you guys the haul I got from Marshall's and Sally's over the weekend.  Here's a shot of the polish I'm using today.


I wasn't aware that Cynthia Rowley even made polish before I saw these at Marshall's!  They had several colors to pick from, but I'm always drawn to blues so I went with these two.  There are no names for the colors on the bottles so I'll be calling the one on the left Turquoise and the one on the right Bright Blue.  And here's the finished product!



This was such a fun manicure to do and really a lot more simple than it looks.  I found a tutorial on Pinterest, but the link is defunct so I'm unable to credit it to anyone.  If you know who this belongs to:


Please let me know so I can credit them with this awesome tutorial!  It's so easy to see step by step how the dots cross over.  I used tape to create the first diagonals on my nails, but if you're surer with a brush you can just do it how it's shown here.  My nails alternate with Turquoise being the top half of the diagonal on every other nail and Bright Blue being on top for the others.  I can't tell you how much I love this mani!  It's so fun and looks like it took forever.  Quite impressive lol 

As far as how much I like the Rowley polish, I'm about 50/50.  The Turquoise is a standard creme, a pretty color but I feel like I have a few of these in my stash.  The formula was a little thick and kind of gloppy but smoothed out with a coat of Seche Vite.  Not my favorite application.  The Bright Blue seems like it might actually be a jelly, though it was hard for me to tell for sure.  The formula was much smoother and easier to apply.  I LOVE the color!  I don't have a blue this shade yet in my stash so I'm thrilled with this one.

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!