Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Best DIY Body Scrub...EVER!!



Howdy, everyone!  I don't want to disappoint anyone, but today's post is not a manicure.  I know, I know...it's a nail blog, right?  There should be nails!  Well, I figure there are nail-related things that aren't actually polish out there, right?  This is one of those. 

While strolling through Pinterest pins the other day, I came across this:


Now, I know it says "Legs" on the photo, but stay with me for a minute.  Jillee over at One Good Thing blogged about this scrub a couple of weeks ago, touting it as the best thing for silky smooth legs you will ever find.  I was intrigued so I gave it a shot.  Olive oil, sugar (or salt) and citrus juice (lemon or lime) are combined to make a scrub that exfoliates dead skin, brightens, smooths and moisturizes skin.  I'm not going to copy all the instructions here, you can go to Jillee's post to check out the how-to.

The verdict?

This stuff works!  Instead of just using it on my legs, I used it all over.  I have NEVER had such soft and smooth skin since I was a baby, I'm sure!  The surprise bonus?  It makes a fantastic hand scrub as well.  After using this product, my hands were smooth, the cuticule area especially. The sugar/salt helps slough off all those calloused areas on my fingers that cuticle oil alone never seems to take care of.  The olive oil helps moisturize and the lemon juice acts like a peel to smooth and brighten everything.  Seriously, I am using this scrub once a week from now on! 

Additionally, there's no reason to spend extra money on fancy scrubs with goodness-only-knows what in them.  You can make this scrub from ingredients you probably already have around the house.  It's easy to make substitutions for the oil; you could use coconut oil or baby oil or whatever you have at hand.  You could also add some essential oils to make it smell yummy, although I'd be careful of using too much if you intend to use this for shaving your legs.  Essential oils can irritate skin if you use too much.

If anyone gives this a try, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.  Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!