Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Weekend Haul and a Quick Manicure

Howdy, everyone!  I hope Saturday has treated you well.  I'm looking forward to sleeping in a bit on Sunday morning.  It's going to be a long week and I need the rest.  Thanks to an unusually large paycheck this week, I was able to hit up a couple of my favorite nail polish spots to find some good deals!  I stopped at Marshall's first.  Marshall's is one of those places you may not think of to find nail polish, but they do have a beauty section and I've scored some pretty great stuff for my stash from them.  I also made a stop at Sally's and found some great clearance purchases as well as replenishing my Seche Vite stock.  Here's a pic of my total haul:

 The box at the back is a set from Cynthia Rowley purchased for $4.99.  I'm excited to try these out and see what her polish is like.  I love her clothing designs so hopefully it translates into beauty products as well.  I also grabbed a two-pack of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear for $6.99; both of these sets were purchased at Marshall's. 

 

The above photo shows all the polishes I got at Sally's.  From left to right, my brand-spankin' new bottle of SV (there's something special about it when it's brand new, doncha think?), a new Nina Ultra Pro called Electric Slide, and two glitters from China Glaze, Liquid Crystal and Ray-diant.  I'm particularly excited about Electric Slide, a VERY neon green packed with green and gold glitter.  Both China Glazes were on clearance and I spent a total of $18 for everything at Sally's.  The clerk there was nice enough to give me the samples you can see in the top photo...some fun little hair treatments to try.  All in all, a pretty good trip :)

And here's what I'm currently wearing on my nails:


This is two coats of Wet 'n' Wild's Megalast in I Need a Refresh-Mint, an almost-dupe to China Glaze's For Audrey, although Refresh-Mint has a bit more green and grey tones to it.  On top of that, I applied one coat of Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength in Something Blue, a silvery-blue shimmer with light blue glitter throughout.  It created a nice pearly sheen over the blue base polish.  If we ever get any sun in Chicago again (we have had some, but I always seem to be at work for it!), I can start taking decent glitter photos.  It's really hard to capture how pretty this polish is in the shade.

Anyways, as always, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!