Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Go, Cubs, Go!


Howdy, everyone!  I spent my evening at Wrigley Field watching the Cubs take out the Pittsburgh Pirates.  We scored 9 runs in the 5th inning, it was pretty exciting!  I'm from Kansas originally and we don't really have much of a baseball team (sorry, Royals...I keep hoping you'll get it together, but I'm still waiting!), so I didn't grow up watching much of it.  In the last 5 years, since I've moved to Chicago, I've been to more games than I had in my entire life up to that point.  It's a lot of fun to live in a city that loves sports so much!

Anyway, since I knew I was headed to the game today, I decided I needed Cubs appropriate nails to cheer them on.  Here's what I came up with:


I started with 2 coats of Julep's January and then drew out the Cub faces with a white nail art pen.  Then, using a large dotting tool (which in my world is a round, plastic-ended sewing pin stuck in the eraser end of a pencil) I filled in the shape almost to the edge with Wet 'n' Wild's Fast Dry in Saved by the Blue.  Using MAC Vestral White and the large dotting tool again, I made the shape of the Cub's muzzle.  I added eyes and noses using a smaller dotting tool (again with Saved by the Blue) and there you have it!  The folks at the concession stand loved them and I got several compliments at work on them.  I think that's the best part of nail art for me, the way people react when they hear I do them myself.  It's always fun when people can appreciate the way you express your creativity :)

Thanks, as always, for reading!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!