Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Black & Yellow


Hello, hello!  Once again I must apologize for going AWOL a bit.  This week has been hectic at work and my birthday was Tuesday, so I've been a bit busy! Additionally, I've managed to break about 5 nails in a matter of 2 days.  Quite irritating!  I've done a couple of manicures since my last post, but have really hated everything I've put on my nails lately.  Not so this evening.  I took a trip over to Walgreen's earlier tonight and picked up some new pretties!  I was delighted to find that Wet 'n' Wild has a new line, "Fergie"...yes, that Fergie, from The Black-Eyed Peas.  Musical preferences aside, I'm digging her nail polish line.  Some great glitters and some dupes of more expensive things that I've been coveting for a while.  The line retails at my local Walgreen's for $3.49 a bottle, definitely affordable!  I also picked up some new colors from Sinful Colors so, for tonight's mani, I decided to combine them!

As you can see, with all the nail breakage, I just decided to start over with short nails.  *sigh* It's not that I think short nails can't be fun, it's just that mine are prone to hangnails when they're shorter.  And, sure enough, I have 3!

Anyway, here I started with 3 coats of Sinful Colors in Pull Over.  This is the yellow I've been looking for; bright, without being a neon.  Pull Over is a creme and a bit troublesome to apply.  The formula is a bit streaky and kind of gloppy but the color is worth the extra care to apply.  Over top of that, I used 2 coats of Fergie's Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night (yes, they're all named things like that); small black glitter and large gold glitter in a clear base.  This one was also a little trouble, the black glitter came out of the bottle just fine, but the gold didn't want to cooperate.  I did have to fish it out to get a decent application.

I love the way this turned out and I'm looking forward to trying the other 7 polishes I bought today in the very near future.  Come back around to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!