Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Red & Green, Hold the Christmas

Hello!  We've just about made it back around to the weekend...which would be more exciting if I didn't have to work on Saturday.  I do, however, get to go to a White Sox game on Sunday.  I've lived in Chicago for nearly 5 years, and this will be my first trip to Cellular Field.  You can tell I'm not a native because I call it "The Cell" as opposed to Comiskey.  I also like ketchup on my hot dogs, but that's a whole different ball of wax.  In any case, it'll be my first game down there and I'm pretty excited about it!

Today, I have a manicure that kept me up until the wee hours of this morning.  I knew I wanted to use green and red but I didn't want it to end up looking Christmas-y (my initial inspiration was my beloved Mt. Dew's logo), which is always a hard thing to do.  What do you think?  Did I accomplish it?


Not too Christmas-y, right?  I started with 2 1/2 coats of Wet 'n' Wild's Fast Dry in Sage in the City.  Sage is a lime green shimmer with an easy to use formula and a nice finish.  Then, using my trusty hole reinforcements, I did sort of a reverse half-moon placement and painted on Wet 'n' Wild's Spoiled in Ants in my Pants; a multi-sized red glitter in a transparent black base.  This was not the first mani I did last night, I tried a taped gradient that just did not work at all, so I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!