Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Purple Hex



Hello, everyone! It's been a few days since I posted, sorry about that.  Everything I've put on my nails the last few days just made me very unhappy and I didn't even want to take pictures of those failed manis.  Yesterday, however, I stopped by my local Sally's Beauty Supply to pick up some new pretty, sparkly things!  Yes, yes, I know I said I wasn't buying any more until I'd tried everything I had, but I've gotten through most of it and I was jonesin' for a fix lol

So, today I have a fun, purple-y, sparkly manicure that I'm a little bit in love with.  Here it is (in the shade)!


The base color here is actually four(!) layers of Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definition in DVD alternated with Nina Ultra Pro Nail Lacquer in Purple-Xing, with an extra layer of Purple-Xing on top.  I got a little impatient waiting for all of that to dry, but I LOVE the color!.  DVD is a turquoise to lilac semi-duochrome with lots of glittery flecks.  Purple-Xing is small holographic, round glitter set in dark blue to purple base.  Both are gorgeous alone, but I dig the way they look layered.  On top of all that, Sally had a BOGO coupon for Cina Nail Art products so, of course, I had to buy a couple of those!  The large hexagonal holographic glitter you're seeing on top of my nails is from their Midsummer Dream kit.

Purple-Xing is my very first bottle of Ultra Pro and I love the formula!  It has a nice consistency and goes on very smoothly.  And the color was such a knock-out in the bottle, I had to have it!  My Sally's is having a sale this week ($3.49 per bottle) so I may have to go back and purchase a few more bottles!
 
Here's a sunlit shot:


I'm so glad this manicure worked out well...I was getting worried, after several "meh" manis that I was losing my touch!

Thanks so much for stopping by and leave a comment if you liked what you saw!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!