Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

China Glaze-Ride the Waves



Hello and happy Friday!  It would have been a happier Friday if I was at the park watching a movie with my friends as I planned to be.  However, the CTA decided that was not to be.  I waited for a half an hour for the bus, checking on it via text for that whole time, only to learn it wasn't coming.  I still could have made it to the park, but by then, I was in a horrible mood and was all hot and sweaty.  All I could think of was my couch, so I just headed home.  Not an auspicious start to the weekend at all.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be more cooperative.

In any case, I hit Sally's yesterday and picked up a few new polishes and I have one to show you!



This is China Glaze Ride the Waves from their Summer Neon Collection.  It. Is. Gorgeous.  End of story!  From the top is an indoor shot, a shot in the shade and a shot in the sun.  Looks pretty good from every angle, yes?  I have to admit when I started applying this, I was a little disappointed because it's pretty dark, almost navy, when wet.  It didn't look anything like what I'd hoped it would until it dried and I got a top coat on it.  Then it was love!  The formula was nice and applied easily.  It's kind of a like a jelly, but not exactly.  I'm wearing 3 thin coats here...you can kind of see the nail line if you look closely, but not enough to bother me. 

 And, because I couldn't possibly leave the house with just a single color of polish on my nails, I had to bling it up a bit.


I used the flowers from Cina's Midsummer Dream nail art kit and the glittery flower shapes from their Champagne Toast kit.  It's a nice touch for a summer manicure and the yellow and orange colors over the blue makes a nice contrast. 

So, I'm determined to have a better evening than how it started out.  I think I'll chill out on the couch and watch Say Yes to the Dress.  I love that show even though I have no real desire to get married myself :)  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all have fantastic Friday nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!