Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Can't Always Get What You Want

I started this evening with an idea for a manicure. This is not that manicure. I was hoping to create a sort of filigree, antiqued copper look. Didn't really happen. However, I'm not unhappy with what I managed to do.


I believe I have neglected to mention that before painting any color onto my nails, I always use a base coat. It's a good idea to use a base coat underneath any polish as it helps to smooth your nail so polish goes on easier. It also helps protect your nails from staining, so it's especially necessary if you're applying dark, opaque colors. So, with every manicure I do, I start with one coat of Seche Clear base coat. I like the way it works with the Seche Vite topcoat, I feel like I have a lovely, shiny Seche sandwich on my nails!

After applying my base coat tonight, I added two coats of Finger Paints Hue Are You?. On top of that, I painted Sinful Colors Athens in three swipes. The first and middle stripe goes almost to the base of my nail, but I left a little bit of space for Hue to peek through. The second and third stripes on either side of the first sit closer to the halfway point on my nails. I repeated that process with Revlon's Minted and added three dots of Hue to finish it. The whole manicure is topped with Seche Vite, of course, for shine and chip protection. Here's a closer look.


I like the layered look of the polish, but it's so far away from what I wanted that I don't love it. Maybe I'll give it another go tomorrow. See, this is why I can't commit to gel polish. I mean, no chips for 2-3 weeks is great and all, but then it's just one color for 2-3 weeks. That's entirely too long to give to just one color!

In closing, I'd like to leave you with this picture of Tulum beach, down in the Riviera Maya. I was there just a couple of weeks ago and I really would like to be there right now. Such a lovely place :) Have a nice day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!