Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

C is for Cookie...

Monster, that is! Last night, whilst listening to my upstairs neighbors blare their T.V. entirely too loud (which continued until the wee hours of this morning, how I love apartment living!), I decided I needed a project to distract me from the noise. Project = manicure in my mind, so here we have a cute, little Cookie Monster Mani!

Complete with half-eaten chocolate chip cookies on my thumbs, this manicure was so much fun to do! All the work is free handed and I'm really pretty proud of it!

I started with three coats of Sinful Colors Unicorn then added a coat of Seche Vite. For the cookies, I frankened a light brown (since my stash is pretty light on earth tones) using Finger Paints Hue Are You? and Unicorn mixed together. I applied the cookies with a striper brush and added "chips" using Kiss Nail Art Paint in Black. Cookie Monster himself was created with L.A. Colors Art Deco in Dark Blue. For his eyes, I used Kiss's Black again topped with their White. I let everything dry for a bit and then added another coat of Seche Vite, et voila! Cookie Monster Nails! Did I mention that I'm really proud of this one? :)

As for the rest of my evening, the neighbors persisted in their decibel-laden television viewing until at least 2 A.M. which is when I finally managed to drift into an acetone-scented slumber. However, they decided that I needed to wake up at 6:30 this morning when they decided that a soft and gentle, yet terribly audible, tapping should begin right over my bed. I still have no idea what they were doing, nor do I really care. I ask very little of my neighbors; my Golden Rule being, "Don't bother me and I won't bother you". Apparently, this is too much for some folks to handle. Oh, well. At least they've been quiet so far this evening.


A last photo for my friend, Lisa, who asked me if I also paint my right hand in addition to my left. It does take practice, not to mention some odd angles, to paint with your non-dominant hand, but it can be done! I never think my right hand looks quite as precise as my left, but I can usually live with it. In any case, here is photographic evidence that I do not walk around with a one-handed mani!

And, with that, I must wish you adieu as I have much, much dust to tackle in my apartment before my family comes for a visit this weekend. And, tonight, I get to tackle it in silent, silent bliss!

2 comments:

  1. When I saw two hands I was so excited; even before I scrolled down and saw I got the shout out! Very impressive nails!

    I got my first gel manicure last week. It's a little iffy. There were some bubbles along the edge which are tempting me to peel/chip them off. But, overall the nail looks shiny and well covered. We'll see about the second week. . . .I'm going to try a different salon for my next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my very fist comment! Yay for you :) and thanks! Let me know how the gel goes. I'd definitely do it if I didn't change my nails so often.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!