Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Barielle Gondola Ride & Midnight in Paris

 *Barielle products provided for honest and unbiased review*

Good morning, afternoon, evening or whatever time it may be in your neck of the woods!  We're well into autumn weather here in Chicago and the shorter days and brisk temperatures have me setting aside my bright polishes for deeper and more muted tones.  Today's post is all about two such polishes.  Barielle is a brand I've loved for awhile now.  As if dependable quality and great selection were not enough, Barielle's low prices and great sales endeared me to the brand long before they approached me to review for them.  Both of the polishes I have to show you today are from their Fall 2014 Jetsetter collection and they're definitely right on trend for the season!


Gondola Ride is a sage creme with a touch of grey.  This is definitely more of an earthy, fall color than a spring green and I can see it being a great neutral for a semi-progressive work environment.  I'm fortunate to have a job that doesn't dictate my nail color, but I'd feel comfortable wearing Gondola Ride just about anywhere.


Gondola Ride is opaque in 2-3 coats and I'm showing 3 coats here with one coat of Barielle's No Chip Speed Dry top coat (review to follow in a few days).  Easy application with no dragging.  It was a touch streaky for the first coat, but evened out nicely with the second and third coats.


 If you're looking for a great way to transition green polish into the fall season, Gondola Ride is a perfect way to start!
 

Midnight in Paris is pretty much just as beautiful as its name.  A deep blurple metallic with a subtl shimmer, Midnight in Paris adds a touch of dramatic sophistication to your mani.  I had a hard time photographing this one, and it actually has quite a bit more purple in than is shown.  It will also vary depending on the light.


Midnight in Paris is opaque in 1-2 coats and I'm wearing 2 coats here with one coat of the No Chip Speed Dry on top.  This is almost a one coater, but the formula is not overly thick.  I have no application issues to report. 
 

If you're a blurple fanatic or just looking for a dramatic fall color, Midnight in Paris is a great addition to your collection!

Both Gondola Ride and Midnight in Paris are currently available on Barielle's website for $8 for a full size 13.3 ml bottle.  To keep up with special offers and new releases, you can sign up for Barielle's emails on their website or follow them on Facebook.

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed the post!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard good things about this barielle product. Going on my wish ♥ list now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!