Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Indie Spotlight: Mod Lacquer Alien Encounter and Zero Point

*Mod Lacquer products provided for honest and unbiased review.  All other products mentioned were purchased by me*

Hi everyone!  A couple of weeks ago, Jennifer from Mod Lacquer put out the call for reviewers and I was lucky enough to snag a spot this go-round.  I've had the pleasure of wearing Jennifer's creations before (as you might remember from this post) so I've been on pins and needles to get my paws on this shipment!  I was not disappointed, her polishes are superb and without further ado, let's get down to it!



Both polishes I'm reviewing today are from the Above Top Secret collection, a UFO/Alien-inspired set of holographic loveliness.  Alien Encounter is a grassy spring green linear holo.  The effect on these polishes is insane and will thrill you to no end in sunlight!  Seriously, these babies should come with a warning label about their highly effective distractability (and yes, I know that's not a word but I'm using it anyway).


Alien Encounter applied like a dream.  I'm showing 3 smooth coats here with no top coat.  I totally could have gotten away with just 2 coats but I never like to skimp when it comes to holo.  Pile it on, I say!  Rainbows for everyone!  


I decided to do something a little special with these swatches because it's such a fun theme for a collection.  My Alien Encounter swatches come complete with their own "little green man", created with AE itself and the addition of some black striping polish.  I may have to recreate this with a bit more detail in the future...he's so cute!  I shall name him "George"!



Next up is Zero Point.  Zero Point is listed on Etsy as a pink linear holographic polish but it really leans more silver on me.  There is the barest blush of pink in certain lights but it's not showing up in my photos unfortunately. (If you're looking for a pinker holo, I'd suggest Aerial Phenomenon from the same collection.)


Again, the formula was nearly flawless and applied easily, no flooding or dragging.  2-3 coats for opacity (I'm wearing 3 here) and no top coat needed for shine.  I can't say enough nice things about Jennifer's polishes!  They're just stunning!



Zero Point, as near as I can understand it, is named after a technology used to power UFOs (and I'm probably completely wrong on that lol).  For my accent nail, I used a stamp (I'm sorry that I don't have a brand for you to refer to, but it was a random that I picked up off of Ebay I think) that looks a bit like a planet or an atom...either way, kinda spacey so I thought it fit with the theme.  I double stamped with a gold and then a black striping polish.  

Alien Encounter and Zero Point are currently available on Mod Lacquer's Etsy shop for $11 per each full size, 15ml bottle.   If you're interested in keeping up to date on new products, sales, and other important info, be sure to follow Mod Lacquer on Facebook.

I hope you've enjoyed this post and thank you so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Those holos are gorgeous! I can't wait to see George after his makeover.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!