Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Sunday Similarities: Zoya Solange & Sinful Colors Face the Facets


Hello, hello!  It's time for another installment of Sunday Similarities!  If you're new to my blog, this is a segment where I compare similar polish shades in an effort to make your polish buying decisions easier.  I went on a Sinful Colors buying binge last week, with Walgreen's $0.99 SC sale I couldn't resist!  I hadn't had a chance to try out their texture polishes yet, and with three new ones in their Color Destination displays it seemed like a good time to give them a shot!


The only textures I've tried that I've really enjoyed are the Zoya PixieDusts.  But I thought for 99 cents, I couldn't go too wrong with Sinful Colors Face the Facets.  When I got FTF home, I realized it reminded me of Zoya's Solange so it was the perfect comparison for today's post!


I applied two coats of each polish, Solange on my index and ring fingers, FTF on my thumb, middle, and pinky.  As you can see there is a little color difference.  Solange is more of a true gold where FTF has a bright yellow finish.  The color of FTF is right on trend for summer, very bright and cheerful.


These polishes are similar in application and opacity.  The texture is also very similar.  FTF does appear to have some darker glitter pieces, you can see one in the shot above on the left side of the nail.  I don't think it's a big deal, but I thought it was worth mentioning.


And here's how they look with one coat of Seche Vite on top.  The beauty of the PixieDusts is their versatility.  You can wear them as intended, with the texture, or you can top coat them and that gorgeous sparkle becomes even more pronounced.  I have to say, I'm fairly impressed with Sinful Colors' take on texture.  They've done a great job here and I'm sad that I didn't grab the other two textures from the Color Destination display.  I'm hoping that they'll still be there the next time I run over to Walgreen's!

To sum up, if you like the look of Solange but don't feel like forking over the $10 for her, I think you'd be just as pleased with the Sinful Colors almost-dupe Face the Facets, for $1.99 (or $0.99 if you score a sale!).

I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Dionne picked up the Crystal Crush collection for me last year, and I just love how well Sinful did texture. AND for $0.99, you can't beat them! Hope you get the other 2!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!