Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Similairities: Orange Linear Holographics

*Nothing to disclose*

Hey there!  Who's excited to see a Sunday Similarities post?  I certainly am!  It's been ages since I've done one, but thanks to my friend Liz from A Mani Maniac, I have a pretty sweet set to compare for you today! 


The polishes I'm comparing today are all orange-toned linear holographics.  From left to right in the photo above are: Literary Lacquers More Like Fire Than Light, Studio M's Sunrise Canyon, and LynBDesigns Am I Ginger?.  Both the Literary Lacquers and the Studio M (an affiliate of ColorClub sold only at Mejier grocery stores, I believe) were gifted to me by Liz and I'm ever so grateful because they're both gorgeous!  Let's take a peek at how these gals stack up against each other, shall we?


As you can see, I'm wearing More Like Fire Than Light on my index and pinky nails, Sunrise Canyon on my middle nail, and Am I Ginger? on my ring finger.  Sunrise Canyon is very obviously the odd girl out here, with a much lighter orange tone.  It's a very hard to describe color as it almost has a metallic pink color to it in certain lights.  MLFTL and AIG? are much more similar to each other and practically dupes, with AIG? being just a shade or two darker orange.  MLFTL has a bit more yellow to it as well.  All of these polishes have a strong linear holographic effect which shows in most light; most prominently of course, in sunlight.


Sunrise Canyon is fully opaque in 2 coats and that's what I'm showing here.  AIG? took 3 coats for opacity and MLFTL took 4 thin coats.  I did not apply a top coat for these photos so you can see the actual finish of each polish. All the formulas are lovely, smooth with no application issues.  Does one need both AIG? and MLFTL?  Probably not since they are so similar, but I like to support my favorite indie brands and these two definitely fit that category!

If you are lucky enough to live in a area serviced by Mejier, you can find Sunrise Canyon and other Studio M nail polishes for $2.99 each.  Am I Ginger? is currently stocked over on LynBDesigns Etsy store and is $10 for a full-size bottle.  More Like Fire Than Light is available on Literary Lacquers Etsy store, also for $10 for a full-size, 15ml bottle.  You may also want to keep an eye on the Facebook pages for LynBDesigns and Literary Lacquers, as you'll find updated info on restocks, new products, sales and other fun stuff for each brand there.

Don't forget to enter my latest giveaway here!  I hope you enjoyed the post and thanks so much for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I look at Sunrise Canyon and wish I had bought extras! I am still on my coral/orange kick, and these are all just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should have one for yourself! It's such a beautiful color...and I'm honestly surprised at the strength of the holo for a $2.99 polish...thanks again so much for sending it my way!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunrise Canyon looks like a near dupe for Kismet from the Color Club Halo Hues that came out last year. I wonder if that's just Studio M's version.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!